International modelling agency Elite recently launched its hot new 2010 calendar featuring top Indian models in sensual settings. Don't miss it!
Around 83 per cent people in a survey in India shared that 5G is one of the factors they consider while buying a new phone and nearly three in every five existing premium smartphone users are looking to upgrade their device to the next generation technology, according to a report released by Cybermedia Research. According to the survey, 81 per cent respondents prefer Oppo for 5G smartphone and 79 per cent opted for Samsung. The global survey conducted in India, China and West Europe found that 5G users, where the service is available, have experienced better video calls, faster downloads and ability to stream ultra high definition videos and satisfaction level from 5G services is around 80 per cent.
The hubs will feed Europe, US and the Gulf.
Electronics major Samsung on Monday said it will launch a high-end fully touchscreen mobile handset in India by the end of this month.
The company is headed for its worst annual profit in three years, under siege as Chinese firms like Xiaomi and Lenovo reel in buyers with full-function touch-screen smartphones that are cheaper.
Samsung Telecommunications on Wednesday said it would set up a $15 million mobile handset manufacturing facility in Haryana.
The way video is being watched and monetised is changing. This is the first thing that stands out as the penetration of smart TVs continues to rise.
President Barack Obama has 60 days to review ruling.
The offer will be valid on Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Tab2 as well as Galaxy Camera.
The handset will be available from Wednesday through e-commerce major Flipkart.
Apple still has a request pending for a sales ban against newer Samsung phones in that proceeding.
The Indian mobile handset market has grown by 14.17 per cent year-on-year to Rs 35,946 crore in 2012-2013.
Only one in five handsets sold in India this year is likely to be made locally.
Some analysts feel that the company is trading margins for volumes.
The Galaxy S7 is one of the most polished product to have been released by Samsung, says Himanshu Juneja
Samsung an official sponsor of the Athens Olympic games launched its 'Olympic Series' Mobile Phones on August 5.
Samsung launches Galaxy S5 with fingerprint scanner.
Can the launch of smartphones under its own brand name by Finnish company HMD Global - despite having a licence to use the Nokia brand which it bought from Microsoft - help it regain its once dominant position in the mobile phone sweepstakes in India, where it was once routed? In 2009, Nokia was the country's largest MNC with revenues of $4 billion and a market share touching 80 per cent in 2010. After this, its fortunes fell. Although it had been the first global player to set up an assembly plant, not only to assemble phones for the local market but for exports, it had to shut down operations in 2014.
Venugopal from Anaparti, a small town in Andhra Pradesh was able to buy a new Samsung mobile phone, thanks to Turning Point on the Rediff shopping platform.
With the launch of the Rex series, the Korean handset maker is all set to take on Nokia's bread-and-butter series of smartphones
Samsung retains top slot in smartphones but Motorola pips Nokia for 4th position.
J.K. Shin received a $5.8 million compensation package last year.
The Korean electronics giant says it will get more aggressive on pricing and focus on a narrower set of products for its mid-to-low tier products.
Micromax accounted for 22 per cent of smartphone sales in India
In what could give jitters to players like Nokia, Samsung and other such stables, Bharti on Sunday announced its entry into the fast-growing mobile handset business.
Samsung cites lack of education among consumers as a reason for why it didn't do well in the tablet market. We try to present some core reasons why the Galaxy tab scene is not so hot.
Smart phone leader Samsung is following a multi-platform strategy to win over the Indian mobile phone market; Nokia has upped the ante with differentiated products.
South Korean mobile handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its latest offering from its popular Galaxy stable, under the Galaxy Grand label, with dual-SIM, priced at Rs 21,500.
The dual-SIM smartphone will be available in the market from first week of January.
Though leading brands like Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, OnePlus, and Oppo managed to absorb the initial lockdown shock and resumed their local production back to 60 per cent, they would likely suffer a 20-25 per cent loss of sales in the October-December quarter.
Tata Teleservices, owner of Tata Indicom brand, unveiled on Thursday the country's first full-fledged web-browser for mobile phones.
Mobile phones have become an indispensable part of our lives. Take the rediff biz quiz and find out how much you know about this modern gadget.
During the launch event we had a chance to check this high profile tablet and here is out first impression of the device.
Samsung has reason to be worried.
India is an important market for handset makers.
iPhone maker Apple led India market with highest revenue in 2023 for the first time while Samsung topped the chart in terms of sales volume, market research firm Counterpoint Research said on Wednesday. While India's smartphone shipments remained flat in 2023 at 152 million units, Samsung and Chinese mobile phone makers Vivo and Oppo were able to grow their shares, according to Counterpoint's Monthly India Smartphone Tracker report. "Apple's focus on India is also aiding the trend, with the brand surpassing the 10-million-unit mark in shipments and capturing the top position in revenue in a calendar year for the first time, propelled by robust demand for both its latest and older iPhones.
All you need to know about the Sony Xperia XZ2 and Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Starts second unit at Sri City, raises retail reach seven-fold; evaluating 2 new categories for 2017